Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

My Canon MP640 constantly tells me that the inner door is

Customer Question

My Canon MP640 constantly tells me that the inner door is open and then after opening and shutting the door it only prints a portion of the page and then ejects the incomplete page and gives me the same message again. Colour photos now come out with varying levels of colour and lines of no colour. This is with all new ink cartridges installed. I have tried this with Canon Ink Cartridges and generic replacements and the result is the same. I feel like the printer needs compressed air to clean it out?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

It does appear something is stuck inside the printer that is tripping a sensor and causing this issue.

First, have you opened it and checked for any scraps of paper stuck inside of it?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't open it any further and I can't find anything stuck. Is there a repair shop near me that I can get to. I have to use public transport.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me your location please and I can check