Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

After installing Windows 10 am unable to access my Canon

Customer Question

After installing Windows 10 am unable to access my Canon Inkjet iP2600 printer. Message refers to proxy server and not connected to the internet but I can connect to WiFi.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Canon will not issue drivers for this model to support the Windows 10 operating system, the Windows 7 or Windows 8 drivers should function in the Windows 10 environment with some limitations which are currently unknown to Canon.

I would suggest you download and install the latest drivers available for the printer. Please go to the link below, download and install Windows 8.1 compatible drivers. Make sure that you properly connected the printer to the computer using USB cable.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_ip_series/pixma_ip2600?selectedName=DriversAndSoftware

If the issue persists, please let me access your computer in order to help you resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how will I know if it has downloaded
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

You will have to double click the downloaded file.

Can I access your computer remotely, sop that I can assist you better.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pls access my computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where do i find the downloaded file
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Please go to the link below, click I agree, download and run Elsinore Client software.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=4c205160-5b83-4839-afb8-b65bd829ca69

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cannot run program
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Please click the File Explorer that you see on the taskbar and open it. Then, open the Downloads folder and you can find the downloaded file over there.

Thank you.

S H E F I N