Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My ink absorber is almost full.... can this be repaired When

Customer Question

My ink absorber is almost full.... can this be repaired
When i turned on my printer to print it won't print because it's stating that the ink absorber is almost full and its showing me to press the black or color buttons.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted.

Open the printer as though you were going to install new ink cartridges, letting the cartridge cradle move to the center of the printing unit. Unplug the printer so that the cartridges will remain in their position.

Locate the waste ink absorbers in their black rubber frame. They will likely be on the right side of your printer, and will be located underneath the area where the ink cartridges rest when the printer is in standby mode

If you have difficulty pulling out the absorber pads you may use tweezers

Use a paper napkin or other disposable and absorbent material to soak up any excess ink that may be in the pads by pressing it down onto the top of the frame.

Pull the rubber frame free from the printer, wearing gloves to keep your hands clean. Carefully remove the ink absorber pad or pads from the rubber frame.

Insert new ink absorber pads firmly into the rubber frame. if you wish you may clean the existing pad with water and let it dry completely ensuring no ink is in it and its dry and then insert .Replace the rubber frame in its original position and close the printer.

Hold down the power button, then plug the printer back in. Continue holding the power button down until the printer begins to reset itself and come online.

Wait for the green power light to turn off, then press and release the power button again. It should blink for two to three seconds, then stay lit; this will indicate that the printer has been reset and is ready to print again without errors.