Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

Have OxF1 error code after changing ink. Thanks,

Customer Question

Hi. Have OxF1 error code after changing ink. Thanks, Sandra
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
If you open the machine is the carriage stuck on the right side?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the carriage is stuck on the right side
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Open printer so that the cartridge housing is accessible (flip the scanner housing up). Turn printer off.
While printer is off, gently slide cartridge housing to the left about halfway.

Turn printer on. After cartridge housing moves all the way to the right (which it will do on startup), gently push up and back on the housing and continue pressing/gently jiggling as the housing tries to free itself.

Eventually, the housing will snap back to the left which will stop tripping the error message. It can take quite a few tries (I've done it as many as 15 times before seeing results.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have repeated this 15 times but it is still not working.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

That would be a very bad sign, how old is the printer? If over a year old did you get an extended warranty? Can you repeat the steps but reseat the ink cartridges when you do them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer is 10 or 11 months old. What do you mean by "reseat" the ink cartridges? I've taken them out and snapped them back in several times.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Call this number: 1(###) ###-####Since it is under a year old it should be covered by warranty. When none of what I just sent you works it normally means the carriage assembly needs to be replaced. Since it is under a year old normally a replacement is send out.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Epson.