Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My question is: How do I get my printer to work in Windows

Customer Question

My question is: How do I get my printer to work in Windows 7? I have a Canon PIXMA iP 3000. The book says it is for Windows XP. The Canon website sends me to ***** update, that promises to update the drivers. I am not sure that this is going
to solve the problem. I have hesitated to run it since several reviews say it will do more harm than good. should I go ahead and install?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please go to the link below, download and install the Add on Module.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_ip_series/pixma_ip3000#DriversAndSoftware

After installing Add on module, follow the instructions below in order to the add the printer.

Please click Start button, and select Devices and Printers. Please check if any printers listed over there. If yes, right click on that and select Remove Device/Delete.

If no, click Add a printer. In the Add Printer Wizard, select Add a local printer.

On the Choose a printer port page, make sure that the Use an existing port option button and the recommended printer port are selected, and then click Next.

On the Install the printer driver page, select the printer manufacturer and model, and then click Next.

Follow the on screen instructions.

Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution

Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $30 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"

If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have gone to the site you suggest. Specifically what should I download?
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Please click Drivers and Downloads. Then, select your operating system as Windows 7, 64 bit. Then, under Drivers, download and run Add on Module. It is just an add on modul, and you have to add the printer again by following the instructions I have given earlier.

Thank you.

S H E F I N