Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

New 4630 epsom, blue light flashing, this operation invalid"

Customer Question

New 4630 epsom, blue light flashing, this operation invalid" when home button is prsessed
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That sounds, unfortunately, as if the printer is 'broken'.
Try a hard reset on it, first:
- unplug the printer from the power, while it is On, sharply and suddenly.
- leave it that way for at least 2 hour.
- only after that interval, or longer, plug it in to the power again.
See if that changes the error condition, even if it does not clear it.
Let me know how it goes, please. I may have more advice for you... and mention, please how old the printer is. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer is one day old out of the box, I will try and shock it as you say
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Did you set it up according to instructions, and using all the materials and supplies provided (and I presume that none were missing) ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed all, but never got a response from any time f buttons all gave me same message" this operation invalid" never had a chance to shock unplugg it yet, not at home yet.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. There's no hurry... when at home, at your convenience, you can try the unplugged-reset I proposed. (It's supposed to clear out all remaining power/electric impulses/bit values in it, not to 'shock' it, at all, I may as well mention.)

And once that's done, let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did unplug printer and let stand overnight, repluggged power cord and Blue power light flashes and no response also from other buttons showing same error message. Printer is out of box few days old no damage noted..
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

That is bad news. It means, basically, that the store got you a 'lemon'. I advise you to promptly pack up the printer in its original packaging, and take it back to the store. Tell them it is unquestionably inoperative, not at all in working condition, or just use the word 'broken', for that's what it is: broken out of the box.

Ask the store or vendor for an exchange for another printer of the same model, that works... or a printer of equivalent value. They should provide you one for free, unless it's just past their return-exchange period... and I hope it isn't.

For this sort of problem (printer's controls locked up, etc.) as you describe it, there is no possible solution, I doubt. It's not that the cartridges are not put in right, or anything of the sort. There should be some reaction from the printer, to some controls, even so.

Please rate my work on your question. Thanks - and, good luck.