Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

Brother Model MFC-J4420DW---Cannot close the top of the

Customer Question

Brother Model MFC-J4420DW---Cannot close the top of the printer after plugging in the USB cable. The lever for holding the top open is binding and the bed will not close.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

The top of the printer should not be involved at all in the plugging in of the USB cable. The USB cable connection is on the run left next to the control panel on the front. And the USB cable plugs into its a couple of inches down from the place where the cover closes. Would it be possible for you to take a picture of where it is binding and then attach that picture here? You should be able to do that with the paperclip icon. That will allow me to see what's going on and better advise you.