Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Canon mx 470 connect connect to access device. tried all

Customer Question

canon mx 470 connect connect to access device. tried all manual troubleshooting no luck
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
using Mac Pro laptop printer is mx 479
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If the printer is new, be sure that you have installed its drivers on your computer first, from the disc that came with it.
Then make sure it is turned On, and indicators on it show that the printer's wireless facility is On. If you have a local WiFi router, make sure that is turned On also.
If the printer's installation instructions say it must be connected by a USB cable at first, try so connecting it. (With some wireless printers, connecting by USB cable is needed so that the wireless setup may configure the printer's wireless parameters properly for wireless printing.)
After which, if it obstinately does not connect, wirelessly, the printer might be defective, and as a new but defective product, should be returned for exchange, to the vendor or store.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Printer is about 6 months old. I'll try to find a printer cable to hook it up. I'll get back with you if it doesn't
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
OK.
If this completes the case as far as you are concerned, please rate my Answer. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am waiting on a printer cable to try connecting directly.It should arrive by Wed. Aug 26. If that doesn't make the wireless work, I'll contact you immediately.
Thank you for your patience.
Jim Tuck
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

If it does help make the wireless work, please return here to this case and rate my Answer.

Or if you would rather not return in the event of a successful outcome, please rate my Answer now. If that is not done eventually, I will not be paid for the work I have done on your question.

Thanks.