Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

My Brother MFC-J6520DW will print & copy but won't scan. The

Customer Question

My Brother MFC-J6520DW will print & copy but won't scan. The error message on mfc says says to check connection.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have Windows 7
Was scanning working previously?
Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Scanning has been fine but have had issues in the past with wi-fi. I uninstall printer & reinstall drivers which fixes the issue for a time. When this happens, no printing, scanning or copying, but not scanning only is unusual.
It's strange that printing is working, but not scanning. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your comments, but I don't feel confident giving anyone access to my computer.
I'm sorry, with remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403
Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I would do all the troubleshooting for you. But per your request, I can certainly provide written instructions you can use for fixing this issue. Is that okay?
Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you that would be great!

You're welcome.

1. Press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on your keyboard, then type services.msc then click OK

, then scroll down, then open the item Windows Imaging Acquisition, then make sure the Startup type is set to Automatic, then click on Apply, then click on the Start button, then click on OK

, then check scanning.

2. If that does not work, open the ControlCenter program on the computer, then on at the top, next to the option Model, click on the drop-down list, and make sure the LAN item is selected

, then click on the option Image or File to scan.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows Imaging Aquisition didn't work. Where is ControlCentre please?

Is Windows Imaging Aquisition still showing Automatic for Startup type, and showing Started for Status?

Click on Start->All programs->Brother->MFC-J6520DW->ControlCenter... Thank you.