Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I am getting horizontal lines in my printout I've replaced

Customer Question

hi bernie
I am getting horizontal white lines in my printout
I've replaced both printheads and problems still occurs
any suggestions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you understand my problem?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I do.Unfortunately this indicates a hardware problem, and there is no easy fix for it.

Specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead or the logic board that controls it.

As this is a 2006 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising, even just from normal wear and tear.

This particular model had several known hardware defects, and the printheads were often bad right out of the box, so it is possible you've got a bad set of new heads. You could try replacing them again, if you wish. Given the cost involved though, I would not do so unless the retailer is willing to return/exchange the prior set for you.

Beyond that, while it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. To replace the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Personally, I would not consider anything but replacement to be a viable option.

Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Nathan
Thanks for your help
My brother advised me to get s new printer too
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If looking for a replacement, I’d recommend any of the Epson workforce series printers. They tend to be very reliable, are easy to set up and use, have good print quality, and reasonably priced ink. Example: http://amzn.to/1F4fCYC

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”, even if the news was not. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1Md4aNC

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,