Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have a Epsom wireless printer and code OxE5 is showing up

Customer Question

I have a Epsom wireless printer and code OxE5 is showing up don't know where to go from here to fix it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do I do first to fix this
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I was just letting you know I'm here, please give me a moment to finish replying.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh sorry
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. If you happen to still be under the 1 year factory warranty, your best option is to stop here, and file a warranty replacement claim with epson, as further actions that we would otherwise take can void the warranty.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $150; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you, or if you need contact info for a warranty claim, Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

How would you like to proceed from here?