Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have MFC7420 - I get a clear solid black line on the right

Customer Question

I have MFC7420 - I get a clear solid black line on the right side of all printed pages. My question is whether its a printer setting or the ink cartridge in the printer.
Thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. A setting will not cause this. Is it in the same spot every time? How old is the printer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
same line same place all the time - not an original problem printer is about 5 years old
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
When was the last time you replaced the drum? Part number DR350. The reason I ask is that will cause the line to be in the same spot every time. It does this if for some reason it can not give you a drum error. They are consumable just like toner and usually need to be replaced once every 2 years. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.