Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have aBrothers printer MFC255cw LC61 series and I just

Customer Question

I have aBrothers printer MFC255cw LC61 series and I just installed a new modem, must I do something to the printer to make it print?
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a wireless printer
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?
What's the status of the wireless / wi-fi setting on the printer's screen?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please try the following steps on the printer in order to connect it to your new modem's Wi-Fi/wireless network name:

1. Turn on printer.
  2. Press Menu button, and choose Network => Network Reset or Factory Reset. Choose Yes to reset and then choose Yes to accept the change. The machine will restart automatically. When the machine's display (hereinafter called LCD) returns to the date and time, wait about a minute for the LAN menu to become active, and then continue to the next step.
  3. Press Menu button.
  4. Choose Network => (WLAN) => Setup Wizard.
  5. If the message, WLAN Enable? or Change to WLAN? appears, choose On to accept. The wired network interface will become inactive with this setting.
    If the message, Network I/F switched to Wireless appears, press OK to accept. The wired network interface will become inactive with this setting.
  6. The machine will search for your network and display a list of available SSIDs (which means wireless network names.)
    If the machine finds more than one network, press the Up or Down arrow key to choose your wireless network name, then press OK.
  7. If prompted, then enter your Wi-Fi/wireless password/key/passphrase (it is case-sensitive.) Then press OK. Choose Yes to apply your settings.
  8. Your machine will now try to connect to your wireless network using the information you have entered.
    If successful, Connected will appear briefly on the LCD.
    If the LCD displays Wrong Password, the password ***** entered did not match with your router or access point. Please check and/or let me know, so I can help retrieving your wi-fi/wireless password/key.
  9. The machine will automatically acquire the correct TCP/IP address information from your access point/router if DHCP is enabled (DHCP is normally enabled as default for most access point routers).
    Once the Brother machine is joined to the network and has a valid IP address, the wireless setup is complete.
  10. Press OK.
  11. Then test printing.

Reference / full instructions:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc255cw_all&ftype3=2041&faqid=faq00002794_015

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.