Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

Savin C3535 won't recognize the new black toner cartage I

Customer Question

Savin C3535 won't recognize the new black toner cartage I installed. It still says add toner. I tried two different new black toner cartages and the Savin C3535 didn't recognize either. What could be the problem?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

My first question is whether or not those cartridges are just compatible cartridges or if they are Savin brand cartridges. The reason I ask is that the cartridges include a quick fuse on them that resets counters once it's installed and it is not uncommon for third-party cartridges and refill cartridges to either come with a fuse that is already blown or to come without wanting all. If you don't have a Savin brand cartridge in their right now, I would suggest doing that first and if that doesn't make a difference or if You already have one in there, let me know along with any other information you can, and I'll continue to help.

Also, while you're doing that you may want to make sure that the contacts are clean in that area and that none of them are bent. A single bent contact that's not making the right contact with cartridge will cause this to happen as well.