Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

Trying to print from my imac (Yosemite) to my Epson Artisan

Customer Question

Trying to print from my imac (Yosemite) to my Epson Artisan 1435 and get message about broken pipe Gina
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The exact error message reads: Printing-Unable to write print data:Broken Pipe
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gina,
This error means that the iMac has lost the ability to send data to the printer. This is likely caused by some sort of corruption in the CUPS printing system.
First thing to try is resetting the print system and re-adding the printer again.
To do this, open System Preferences and then Open Print & Fax. Then click or right click on the blank space around the list of printers on the left hand side. You should see a pop up menu and the option to Reset print system.
Once you select that the OS will restore the CUPS printing system to all the original default settings.
Then reboot the iMac and printer. Go back to System Preferences--> Print & Fax and then re-add the printer again.
Let me know if that works...