Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

My Epsom WF-7610 keeps displaying Error Code: 0x9D on power

Customer Question

My Epsom WF-7610 keeps displaying Error Code: 0x9D on power up and I cannot do anything with it.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Open it as if to change the ink, is the carriage stuck on the right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The carriage with all the ink is on the right hand side. I cannot move it by hand.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Open printer so that the cartridge housing is accessible (flip the scanner housing up). Turn printer off.
While printer is off, gently slide cartridge housing to the left about halfway.
If you are having trouble moving it use a flashlight and make sure nothing is blocking it, unless damaged or something like paper is blocking, it will move freely.
Turn printer on. After cartridge housing moves all the way to the right (which it will do on startup), gently push up and back on the housing and continue pressing/gently jiggling as the housing tries to free itself.
Eventually, the housing will snap back to the left which will stop tripping the error message. It can take quite a few tries (I've done it as many as 15 times before seeing results.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had no luck. I cannot move the cartridge to the left because there is a small lever at the bottom that comes up preventing it from being moved. When switched OFF the lever remains blocking it. When powered back up the lever retracts allowing the printer to move the cartridge its self during boot up but then after boot up the same 0x9D error code appears. It is just the same cycle.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That should be a wiper assembly. You should be able to push it down yourself. Do not force it, it should go down easily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried bushing it down but won't go down. Just to be clear, when you refer to the cartridge I assume you are referring to the unit that holds the ink cartridges. Is that correct?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
No I meant the lever, the carriage you should be trying to move left. If it still will not it would be a very bad sign. In which case how old is the machine? Did you happen to get an extended warranty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer is only a couple of months old and I don't use it very much. I think the lever is fine as retracts when the printer wants it to retract during the boot up process.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
It should be retracted when it is off as well and you should be able to move the carriage by hand. What you are describing is a failing carriage assembly. Since it is only a couple months old it would be covered under warranty. To get it covered that way call 1300 361 054. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Epson.