Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

Brother MFC 9330 - replaced the waste toner box wt220cl.

Customer Question

Brother MFC 9330 - replaced the waste toner box wt220cl. still getting message on the printer to replace it. printer will not operate.
Thanks.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.

There's a sensor that detects the toner at a certain level in the waste box (most of the time right before the neck of the waste box). Locate that sensor and make sure the sensor and the waste box are clear/clean at that point.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is the neck of the waste box?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The waste box is brand new, also.
Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.

your waste box is one that goes in flat by the look of the specs I see. If that's correct, the top part should curve up towards the handle. I'd take the waste box out, look for a clear part on the waste box. Compare that to where the box sits in the printer to find the sensor. Clean the sensor off with a tissue and insert the waste box again. If you can attach some pictures of around the new waste box I might be able to help show you where to look.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The WT is new .
I thought I was paying for expertise which would suggest that you know what the WT box looks like and where sensors are located.
Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.

Never suggested the waste box wasn't new. I'm fine with letting someone else take care of this ticket. Enjoy your day

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can provide you some additional assistance with your question.

I will attach a picture of the waste toner box so you can easily identify

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,Thanks for the image however I do know what the WT box looks like. I have replaced it in the printer.
I don't need any more advice.
I am dealing directly with Brother now.RegardsBob Connell

Okay Bob. If there is anything else that you do need, please let us know. I'll be happy to help. I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service using the okay, good, or excellent rating icons, at your convenience. Thank you.