Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a Dell 968 Inkjet printer and I can't get it to

Customer Question

I have a Dell 968 Inkjet printer and I can't get it to communicate with my computer.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New computer is running Windows 10.0.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've also tried another USB cord, and still nothing.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Windows 10 being the latest operating system version was released in Aug 2015 itself

As a result, most of the hardware manufactures have not released the compatible software of windows 10 for their products yet

Dell too has as of now not released any windows 10 printer software for this printer model

However they have a generic OS deployment software that may\may not work but is worth a try installing

you can click on below link and in the page that opens scroll down a bit and you will be able to find a download file option

click on it..download and save and run the file to install it

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=70J7K&fileId=3453795963&osCode=W732&productCode=dell-968&languageCode=EN&categoryId=DD

if the installation finishes, try using your printer .

if you are able to print then that means that you can now use the printer on the window 10 computer for basic printing

however if it does not print, then i am afraid, till the Dell does not release a windows 10 driver for this printer, you will not be able to use the printer with windows 10 computer and then teh only option you will have would be to use this printer with another computer running windows 7, vista or xp

let me know if you have any questions

Please click on a smiley face below\stars above to complete the rating if your question has been answered

Thanks for choosing Just Answer