Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a canon pixma mx885 printer with an error message

Customer Question

I have a canon pixma mx885 printer with an error message 6C10 and turning the machine on and off does not fix the problem. Can you please help Barry Upfold***@******.***
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

The error code 6C10 is a service error indicating an internal fault with the unit maybe with the sensors\logic board

Follow the below steps

remove the cartridge...turn off the unit....unplug the power cable...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
once these steps have been done, heck the paper feed tray, roller assembly area and the area where the carriage moved for any stuck obstruction like paper, paper clips, pins etc and if found remove it.
once done turn the unit back on and check

let me know if error repeats or goes off

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michelle,
I don't understand "remove the cartridge". there are 5 ink cartridges in the fountain. Do you mean that. Or is there something else that I am missing here. To be sure this is a Canon Pixma MX885 that we are dealing with
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
you need to remove all the 5 cartridges