Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I am receiving the B200 error message on my Canon iP3600

Customer Question

I am receiving the B200 error message on my Canon iP3600 printer. how can I fix it?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

The error code b200 usually indicates an issue with printhead

there are few intermediate steps that we can try

turn off printer and unplug power cord....Keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs
wait for 2 mins
plug in power cord and turn on printer and check

if still error repeats try the below
remove the cartridge...turn off the unit....unplug the power cable...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
once these steps have been done turn on printer and check

if even after that the error code continues the printhead may need to be replaced..

if unit is within warranty you may contact canon at 1-800-OK-CANON else if out of warranty you may get it serviced through a local printer repair store

you can also order printhead online and replace it yourself
here is a link of replacement printheads available at ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Genuine-Canon-QY6-0073-Print-Head-canon-IP3600-MP550-MP620-MX868-MX870-MX876-/151260773512

However printhead replacements can be costly and you may decide based on the cost if you would like to get it replaced or buy a new printer. That is the reason i have given the above ebay link to you for a reference about the price

i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults i can suggest cleaning and reset steps but cannot make a bad part work again

Let me know if you have any questions

please click on a smiley face below or stars above to complete the rating if your question has been answered

Thanks for choosing Just answer