Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have an older Dell desktop and Dell laptop. I was trying

Customer Question

I have an older Dell desktop and Dell laptop. I was trying to get my laptop to work with the Dell printer. I could not.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Unfortunately the Dell 944 printer is only compatible with windows XP and Windows Vista

It not compatible with Windows 7, 8,8.1 or 10 versions

As a result you will not be able to use this printer with windows 7 laptop as the driver software required for this printer to work on windows 7 has not been released by Dell itself

In such a case you can use this printer on a windows xp or vista computer.

For the Windows 7 laptop you would need to buy another printer

if you do not plan to buy another printer rightaway the only workaround would be to transfer the files you wish to print from windows 7 laptop to an xp or vista computer(if you have one) and then print from that computer

you may transfer the files using a flash drive or maybe attaching the files in your email and saving the email in draft and then opening your email on other computer

Let me know if you have any questions

Please click on a smiley face below or stars above to complete the rating if your question has been answered.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer