Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  10+ years work experience.
30759776

Fuji M225dw initially connected to my wifi ok, then would

Customer Question

Fuji M225dw initially connected to my wifi ok, then would not work after the router dropped out. Tried to reconnect using usb cable ... timed out. Message to disconnect usb cable, but then could not proceed. Tried entering ssid etc manually via computer. Again timed out. Any suggestions? For the printer to be of use, I need it to be stable, so it still works if the router is rebooted.
Thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am the person that will be helping you today.
Are you able to connect any other device or computer with the new wireless information?
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason, I have another computer and an ipad but I am wondering what use that would be if the printer times out even when I input the settings manually. From what I have seen on Google, this seems to be a common problem with Fuji printers and seems to need changes to settings etc.
Thanks
Brent
I asked the question regarding other devices to answer the question if the wifi is working. Thank you for the answer. As it stands, the printer is having issues connecting to the wifi signal and may need a bit more analysis. May I remote into your system so that I can locate the problem and get your printer up and functional?
-Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason, no, thanks for the offer but the cost of setup is getting close to what i paid for the printer. It is also getting a bit late now - 3.30am here. I thought that as the problem seemed to be common, there would be a standard procedure to fix it. I think I will persevere and if i cant set it up I will return it.Thanks again.Brent
Hello Brent,
I totally understand how things can get a bit more expensive than expected. Have you tried to simply, enter the wireless information on the printer directly and connect?
You do this by pressing the WPS button on the wireless router for 15 seconds. After you do that on the wireless router, press and hold the Wireless button on the printer for 10 seconds and let go. If your router supports WPS, it will automatically connect the printer to the wireless signal. After that is complete, choose to add a printer on the computer. Be sure to choose "Network" printer and it will find it on the network.
If you need anything else in the future, please let me know.
Thank you for your time today.
- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jason, will do now that I know about your service. Unfortunately there is no WPS button on the router - probably too old. And the problem is not that the computer does not recognise the printer - it prints using the usb cable, but not the wifi.
Anyway, thanks again and goodnight.
Brent
The problem is that the printer doesn't recognize the signal.