Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

How do I get my laptop ,Toshiba Satellite, to change paper

Customer Question

how do I get my laptop ,Toshiba Satellite , to change paper size from A4 to print
10 x 15 cm. photos onto my Epson Stylus PHOTO RX590
I have substituted the RX590 with an RX600 by "adding a printer" and I am able to change paper size using Picasa .
I have substituted the photo program for Windows Photo Viewer,but with this change
I am still unable to alter the computer settings for paper size on the RX590 with either program.
PLEASE HELP
THANK YOU
FRED
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Printers are designed for handling and printing to certain sizes of paper stock.
Those sizes, that a printer can manage, are listed in the specifications.
For your printer, those specifications say there is no 10 by 15 cm size. Not that the printer is specifically designed for, anyway.
The closest size that is listed in your printer's specifications, is the A6 size, which is 10.5 by 14.8 cm.
Perhaps, if you go into your printer's driver settings, and choose a Paper Size that is 'Custom', you may then enter the size you want and print to 10 by 15 cm. That depends upon your printer's driver settings having a Custom size choice for Paper Size or Paper Stock or Paper Type.