Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I had to have my pc scrubbed. Of course I lost my printer. I

Customer Question

I had to have my pc scrubbed. Of course I lost my printer. I have an HP Photosmart
D110 series B. In trying to get my printer back I downloaded the fix from HP. In the process, The new program deleted the printer driver from my computer. Please help me restore my printer Thanks, ***** ***** Model #SNPRH-0901
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Which version of Windows is on your computer?

(If a Windows PC, what is its System Type? either 32-bit or 64-bit, and found in
Start - Control Panel - System and Security - System .)

Is your printer connected by wireless, or directly by a USB cable?

With that information I should be able to advise you how to get the printer driver back on your computer. (But, it is past midnight where I am... so there may be a little delay while I sleep. I hope that's OK... and I will resume the case in the morning, promptly.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Go Away! I feel like I've been duped. I want to talk to HP direct. And I don't want your service!!!!!!!!!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble, and I apologize for any misunderstanding.
This is justanswer.com, a paid support site. You've already paid the fee you agreed to, along with the terms and conditions of the site, when posting your question here.
There is no such thing as free support. You have a 5 year old printer (2010 model). HP provides free support for the printer only for the first 90 days by phone and for the first year via chat while under warranty. Getting help from them beyond that will cost a minimum of $25, on up to $100+ for remote support (having them install software, etc). All the while you'll be on hold waiting ages for an overseas call center that often won't even be able to resolve your issue.
You've posted your question to a group of expert printer techs here at a fraction of what you'd pay for on site support or even help from HP.
If you'd like to continue on, please reply back with the earlier requested details. Otherwise, you may use the help page to request a cancellation, as you've already paid the agreed upon fee to post your question here.
Best regards,