Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Lexmark x4690 I bought a recycled black cartridge from ld

Customer Question

Lexmark x4690 I bought a recycled black cartridge from ld products and my printer wont accept it. is there a fix I can do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

There is really no fix for this, these generic cartridges fail right out of the box just as often as they work. This is because there is a chip in them that can expire or fail.

There is no reset, setting, or adjustment that will force the printer to accept the aftermarket cartridge.

Your best recourse to have the printer actually work is to buy the proper OEM lexmark cartridge. You can get the inks here: http://amzn.to/1J87Vyf

If you don't want to do that, even though it isn't recommended, you should contact ID and ask them to replace the cartridge with another.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,