Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

MY BROTHER MFC-J6510DW PRINTER DOESN"T PRINT, FAX NOR COPY.

Customer Question

MY BROTHER MFC-J6510DW PRINTER DOESN"T PRINT, FAX NOR COPY. IT JUST KEEPS SAY NO PAPER FEED. PLEASE HELP
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest that you first of all put paper in all paper trays and/or the manual feed slot, at least one sheet.

Check for paper jams, however slightly.

Unplug the printer from the power. Leave it that way for 1+ hour, or overnight. Plug in to power again, only after that interval, and see how it works.

Does the printer make any sort of 'running' noise, before it brings up the 'no paper feed' message?

How old is the printer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MY PRINTER IS ABOUT 1 YR AND A COUPLE OF MONTHS. IT DOES SOUND As if it's working but cannot pick up the paper and gives me the message.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

If the problem might possibly be owing to aging roller surfaces (for paper is fed into faxes and printers with rubber or plastic cylindrical rollers, that propel the sheet into or through the machine)... then you might need to clean the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not happening.

Remove all paper from the machine, unplug it, and open it so as to have access to the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not being done properly.

Take a clean high-quality lint-free rag cloth, moisten it with rubbing alcohol, and rub the rollers firmly all over their paper-contacting surfaces, three times over.

(If the rollers are hard to reach, there is another way to clean them... let me know if that is the case, and I will detail how to do the cleaning.)

Allow 5+ minutes for drying-off, then reload the paper, close up the machine where you opened it up, and then try again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still not working
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Where is the paper being fed from, or attempting to be fed from? i.e. paper tray(s), manual feed slot, etc.

What type of paper is it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FRONT, I USE REGULAR HAMMERMILL PAPER FROM STAPLES.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
You may have a defective tray - but, did you clean the pickup rollers in the area of the front tray? that is where the problem - if it can be remedied by cleaning rollers - is most likely to be.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SINCE YOU HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO HELP ME, I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO TAKE IT IN FOR REPAIR. PLEASE DO NOT CHARGE MY ACCT. AS YOU WERE NOT ABLE TO HELP.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I hope it may be repaired... and that's the sensible thing to do.
I have no power over payments, billing, charges, subscription terms, etc. As a JustAnswer.com Expert, I must refer your concern about charges to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be contacted through:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us
Thank you for bringing your question to us here at JustAnswer.com.