Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a trackter feed Epson LQ-870/1170 printer. I

Customer Question

I have a trackter feed Epson LQ-870/1170 printer. I downloaded Windows 10 and now I cant get the printer and computer linked. When I try to print, I get an error message: printer couldn't preview". What I would like to do is go back to the Windows 8 version which worked perfectly fine with the printer and then take them both somewhere to get Windows 10 and the printer to interact. Do you know how to remove the Windows 10 or how to get the printer to work with it?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Is the printer linked by a USB cable, or by a wireless link?
If you have upgraded to Windows 10 within the last month, you can reverse the upgrade.
Go to
Start - Settings - Upgrade & Security
and look for an option named
Go Back To Windows 8
and select that option. (That option won't work if you used Disk Cleanup since the upgrade and removed the old files for the upgrade.)
Be sure to back up your data files, before trying anything further, in case of accidental or incidental data losses.