Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I'd like to enable double-sided/ Duplex printing.

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Canon MX340.The PC is a 2009 iMac desktop running Yosemite (10.10.1).I have tried…
- system preferences, printers & scanners, open print queue.
at least one YouTube video indicates that I should have an ‘options’ tab present
at this point. However, this tab is not there. The only tabs present are: General, Supply
Levels, Utility, Open Printer Utility, Print Test page. None of the tabs present seem to
lead to an ‘enable duplex printing’ function.- have also tried printing from Google Chrome, printing from ‘print using system dialogue’ option.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The settings for duplex printing for this printer, may not be enabled or present to enable unless you have installed the drivers properly.
But according to Canon's resources about this printer, duplexing *might* be available under the
Additional Features
on the
Quick Setup
tab... or else on the
Page Setup
tab as shown in this image:
http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/storage/1/kb/attachments/embedded/6105_image_4.gif
Examine that image, and compare with that on your printer's driver settings. (I am aware, the documentation fails to mention that this is information for Windows computers only, and the interface certainly looks like Windows. Pardon me if this part is a waste of time.)
Manual duplexing is the only duplexing that the information on this printer ever mentions. And that would require accurate adjustment of the software for the printer - which would have to be installed before it is available. I recommend getting the drivers for this printer, for MAC OS X 10.10, from this source:
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx340#DriversAndSoftware
where the CUPS driver is most likely to contain the features you need. Download it, install it, restart your computer... that ought to help with finding the setting for Duplex, in whatever tab it is in MAC OS X 10.10.