MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been fixing Printers and copiers for over 30 years.
11519491

Xerox c2100 error reboot printer (116-324)

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Hi and good morning,

When did this happen?

Please explain the circumstance.

Also, were there any power outages or storms in the area just prior to this event?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 There were instances of power failure due to overload of fuse panel. The printer worked after those instances, a couple in one day, before problem was removed. several days later the error occurred. Printer not used every day

Hi thank you for your patience and the information.

This problem I would say is related to the overload. Its an electronic issue that I coud desribe but it would take a lot of writing lol, I will go into all those details of you really want to hear it;-)

But basically there are instances whenre electronic components become damaged due to the power being removed from the device then re applied. The reason for this simply is that devices like this stay live all the time even when they are turned off, the internal power supply inside your printer has failed. Likely a transformer.

That would need to be replaced. If your handy and want to do this I will help you fully until this is fixed. Or you may wish to replace the printer. Either way please let me know on that?

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear and I wish i had better news I really do.

But i will continue if you want o try to fix this.

Thank you and have a great Sunday.

Tech Michael

Please rate kindly at this time, then if you need me you can reach me anytime by replying to this message there is no further cost to rate kindly;-)