John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Pro Series Brother printer, approx 4 years old.

Customer Question

I have a Pro Series Brother printer, approx 4 years old. When I load the black ink cartridge the printer says "reinstall the ink cartridge" and when I repeat installing it it says "install the cartridge......until it clicks." I have done it many times and the message is the same. I know the cartridge is the correct one because I bought two the same day and use the first one and now the second one does not want to be accepted. Please help me. Thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What model pro series is this? Please put the old cartridge back in, does it give you the same error?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not see a model no. And yes now the readout reapeats the same message yet before I removed the old cartridge it just said "I was out of ink. "
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
There should be a model number on it somewhere, if you try to print from your computer the model number sometimes shows up as its name as well.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When can I expect to hear from you? Thanks
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting for you to give me the model number. You need to reply here and not to the email or I will not get your replies.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MFC J6710dw
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Are these genuine Brother ink cartridges? Can you double check and make sure the colors inside the carriage match the cartridge?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really need help. I can't do business without the printer?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Have you tried removing all the ink cartridges, and then installing the black ink first?