John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have Samsung laser printer. When it prints it shows

Customer Question

I have Samsung laser printer. When it prints it shows continous color bands on right side of page which spoils the cleanliness of the printed paper. I have cleaned the cartridge and wide black roller belt that rolls over paper but no improvement. Hate
to replace whole printer so how can i find what I should chnage to make those color bands go away. Product: Samsung color laser CLP-600N Thanks Aziz
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Are those bands in the same spot every time? How old is the machine? Have you replaced anything other than the toner?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Machine is 3-4 years old. Bands are in same spot. I used gray market toner (not OEM) I think it start happening after that but it may not be related.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That can cause this, but the drum can cause this as well. Can you try a genuine toner cartridge and see if the same thing happens?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, it will take some time for me to order and test. Thanks for all the help.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Take all the time you need. Please let me know the results either way when you can.
.