Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have a mg5520 printer. When I try to print off of my ipad

Customer Question

I have a mg5520 printer. When I try to print off of my ipad or my laptop it states n error message and the printer is off line. I had called canon before and they said I had a virus on my laptop and if I cleaned it the printer would work again. I had the viruses removed but the printer still will not print off my ipad and will only print off my laptop if I select the WS option.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the status of the Wi-Fi/wireless light / button on the printer?

Do you mean you are able to print from the laptop via wireless connection? (i.e., there is no cable connected from the laptop to the printer right?)

- Please try this: On the iPad, press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check printing.

- If that does not work, on the iPad, please go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset network settings, and confirm reset, then wait a bit until it has restarted

, then go to Settings -> Wi-Fi, then connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name and check printing.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.