John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just buy a canonpixma mg2922 printer i am trying to set it

Customer Question

i just buy a canonpixma mg2922 printer i am trying to set it up need help.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message when setting up the printer?

What is the brand/model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't the brand/model of my inter/wireless modem/router device yes you can do remote support my system is not connect to the printer.it wireless or you can call me.***-***-****

I do live online support. I will connect remotely to your computer and fix.

First, can you please check at the back/bottom of the internet modem/router device for the model of it? Usually it is the device given to you from your internet service provider.

Also, do you have a windows or mac computer? And/or what's the brand/model of your computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can get to the modem/router i live in a hotel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can't get to it

I'm sorry, unfortunately, you cannot print via Wi-Fi/wireless when you use the hotel Wi-Fi/internet. So you need to connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable.

Do you have a windows or mac computer? And/or what's the brand/model of your computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the usb cable didn't not come with the printer

That's normal; they usually do not include the USB cable when you purchase any new printer. Can you get a printer USB cable from your local computer / electronics / office store or online for a few dollars?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a chromebook by acer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the copy work fine

I'm sorry, unfortunately, you cannot connect the printer to the chromebook with a printer's USB cable. To get printing to work with the chromebook, you need to your own Wi-Fi/wireless router and a printer model that is cloud-ready. Here are all brands/models the Cloud Ready Printers:

http://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/printers.html#info-canon

The easiest way would be to use a windows or mac laptop and USB printer cable.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will have to take it back and get the right print the usb cable want connect to my chromebook with the cable why not

Chromebook operating system, which is made by the company Google, does not have the feature to use printer's USB cable.

(Only Windows operating system, which is made by Microsoft, and Mac operating system, which is made by Apple, would work with printer's USB cable.) Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will i have to pay for this information

I'm sorry that Chromebook is limited, unlike a regular Windows or Mac computer. I'm an independent computer / printer tech. I'm not affiliated with Canon, Acer, Microsoft, Apple, etc. But it is your choice how much to pay me or not to pay me for providing these information for you. Do you need anything else today? Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the box it say google cloud printer ready

Yes, it is in the PIXMA MG2900 series, so it's google cloud printer ready:

, you would need to get a Wi-Fi/wireless router

, then connect both the printer and the chromebook to the router, then you can print

, and when you don't need to print, you would need to connect the chromebook back to the hotel Wi-Fi in order to use the Internet, etc.; it's inconvenient to do that, but you have to for chromebook; it's easier with usb cable for a windows or mac computer; or it's easier if you have your own internet/wi-fi in your home

Please let me know. Thank you.