Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

I have a canon printer MX480 and it has a faxes machine on

Customer Question

I have a canon printer MX480 and it has a faxes machine on it. It is hooked to wireless but it's not pick up by internet connector is across two rooms could that be a problem its hooked to my computer through the internet. I really need to hook it wireless because I have no place to put it in that room with the modem is at.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

You should be able to connected to your router through wireless communication fairly easily. But first, you must make sure that it is not plugged in to anything via USB. The reason is that USB being plugged in will turn off Wi-Fi – it will not do both at the same time. If you have a WPS button on your router^ and then use WPS on the printer to set up the communication between the 2. This is the easiest way. However, if you do not have that functionality in your router, you can also set it up by going to the printer and selecting the access point of your router and entering your Wi-Fi password ***** you have set up. If you are unable to get through the instructions or if you have any questions, please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that all ready but its very late here so I am going to see if t works in the morning. I well let you know if it works. But I had done that before you gave me this answer.
As you know, I have no way of knowing what you've already tried. But if you try this and it does not work, you may have to reset your router. Resetting your router will reset all your settings and if you have other devices connected, they would have to be reconnected. Other than a hardware fault, a router configuration issue, is really the only thing that can cause this. You can try unplugging your router and plugging it back in to do a soft reset without resetting the configuration.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I have two sick people in my house and I don't have time for this. I tried what you send me and it didn't work.
Thelma
Did you restart the router or did you do a full reset/restore to factory defaults?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Look right now I don't have time for this I have a son who had emergency surgery and dog who got very sick my granddaughter had to be taken to the dr. I have a full plate and yes I did try to reset the router and it didn't work. I really is just trying to get my canon printer to work wireless so that it well accept fax when I am not home. But I don't have to worry about it. My modem and router are in the family room and my printer is in the living room. I thought you would not take the 20.00 until the problem was fix and I see you already have it. I am sorry about this I didn't expect all this to happen but it did and I have to make the best of it. Thanks

Sorry to hear you're having so many problems.

I did not take your money. That was taken by just answer when you agreed to pay for an answer for your question.

So that I get credit for the time I spent helping you, please remember to rate my level of service good, okay, or excellent. And seeing your history of many questions with no ratings, it looks like you may need instructions on how to do that. If you don't provide a rating, the expert helping you never gets paid for their personal time. Please remember to provide a rating and if you need instructions on how to do it, I would be happy to help.