Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

My MFC-J615W is displaying a message of "Unable to Print 4F

Customer Question

My MFC-J615W is displaying a message of "Unable to Print 4F See troubleshooting in User's Guide."
I've done all the things the Guide suggests but I cannot clear the message nor can I print.
I obviously need help.
Thank you,
Yancy
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

There are few things, which can cause this problem. One, if the waste ink absorber is full or if the cartridge nozzles are defective or three if the logic board is defective. First try the steps from the video in the link below to reset the printer and let me know the result. If it fails then, I will give you the other solution.

The printer shown in the video may be different from your printer model, but the steps will be same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCWovhoAqDM

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to purge (count now is 0000) however, the message "unable to print 3F" is still there and, in fact, I cannot print.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Do you use genuine Brother cartridges ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No...I'm using LD cartridges. I've be using them for years.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

That can damage the printhead also. Please follow the steps below to clean the printhead and let me know.

Boil some water

Turn on the hot water until luke warm
Put about 1/2 inches of water in a cup
Put the print head portion (where the ink comes out) in for about a minute
Dry off the cartridge using a soft tissue.
Re-insert the cartridge into the printer.
Run the normal cleaning software routine a few times

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why am I Boiling some water?"How do I "Run the normal cleaning software routine a few times?"
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

You have to use the normal cleaning method after cleaning the printheads manually.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, those answers a very vague. I think I'm going to try some other way of fixing my problem.What is the final charge since my problem is not solved and I must spend more somewhere else to get it done?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I misunderstood your question last time, you will need some luke warm water to clean the printhead nozzles, did you read all the steps, before replying me, because I have explained, what you have to do to clean the printhead manually.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have found someone who fixed the problem with a single email answer.
How much do I pay you for your ambiguous and non-answers for the last several days so we can end this foolishness?