Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

Brother HL-2270DW. Drum Light and Error Light on. I replaced

Customer Question

Brother HL-2270DW. Drum Light and Error Light on. I replaced drum and ink cartridge. The light are still on and printer is not operating.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue, please try the following in order to reset the drum:

- Open the front cover, and hold the “GO” button until all the four LED’s are lit. Then release the “GO” button and close the front cover.

If needed, please do a factory reset on the printer:

1. Check that the front cover of the printer is closed.
  2. Turn OFF the power switch on the right side of the printer.
  3. Press and hold the GO button, and keep holding it down, as you turn on the power switch.
  4. Keep the GO button pressed down until all the LEDs light up and the Ready LED turns off. Release the GO button. Make sure that all the LEDs turn off.
  5. Press the GO button 10 times. The Ready LED will flash while the printer is reset. After the printer is reset the Ready LED will be lit.

If needed, also reset the toner with the following steps:

1 – Turn off your Brother printer.
2 – Open the front cover of your Brother printer (don't close the cover until step 7.)
3 – Hold the Go button while turning on your Brother printer. All LEDs turn on and the Ready LED will turn off.
4 – When the Ready LED turns off, release the GO button. All LEDs will turn off.
5 – Press the Go button 2 times (Toner, Drum, and Error LEDs turn on).
6 – Press the Go button 7 times. All LEDs turn off and then the Error LED will turn on.
7 - When the Error LED stays on, close the front cover. The Error LED will turn off and the Ready LED will flash briefly.
8 – Verify the Ready LED is on steady and the Toner LED is off. Once you are done, check printing.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.