John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a pixma ip6600d. I only use it as a printer with my

Customer Question

I have a pixma ip6600d. I only use it as a printer with my PC.
Sometimes it insists it's offline when it isn't and the display indicates it thinks I'm going to feed something thru to scan. I've tried the menu and setting buttons and can't find anyway to set it back to printer. I've rebooted the computer - I've turned the printer on and off repeatedly -- I don't know what elkse to do. I have the thing set as my default, I select print and it just keeps telling me the printer is offline. :(
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer working or not working now?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,