Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My Epson XP-610 has developed a Scanner Error...Error Code

Customer Question

My Epson XP-610 has developed a Scanner Error...Error Code 0x10. I cannot make any photocopies and the error is not fixed by turning the printer off and on. What can I do to correct this?
Allan Poole at***@******.***
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

There is probably not much that can be done to correct that error, except the following...

1. locate the scanner lock switch, or 'shipping switch'. It has a locked and an unlocked position. Make sure it is in the un-locked position.

2. unplug the printer. Let it sit that way, for at least 4 hours or overnight. Only after that time, plug it in again to the power, and see if photocopying is now possible, or if the error repeats itself.

If the two steps above do not correct the error, then unfortunately, the printer is severely out of order. And a decision will have to be made between repair-servicing it, and replacing it.

As for servicing: if the printer is less than a year old, measured from purchase date, it will be repaired for free by Epson, if you put in a failed-within-warranty claim to them.

Let me know how it goes... there may perhaps be more I can suggest for this case.