Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

How do I connect a new computer to my Canon MX432 printer?

Customer Question

How do I connect a new computer to my Canon MX432 printer? How do I get it to scan things?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Please let me know the operating system installed on your computer

how do you connect the printer to computer..usb cable or wifi

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use a cable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But my problem is that the printer is jammed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also need to connect another computer to the printer, but the main problem is the jam.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

are you getting an error message on the printer..any error code or flashing lights

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both, actually! But the error message comes first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is supposed to be a door on the side of it that opens, but I can't find a door that opens.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

what is the error code you are getting

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - I just saw your message. The ad for calling was blocking it.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

no problems..do you see any error code

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Printer error occurred 5100
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll check.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just says an error occurred, but it used to say it was a jam. I've been trying to fix this myself for a couple of months and using friends' printers, but now I really need it to work in order for me to get my work done.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

The error code 5100 usually comes up after paper jam on printers.
The error indicates 2 possibilities, either their is something stuck or a sensor detecting the paper jam issues has faulted.

Please try the below steps
first of all please turn off the unit....unplug the power cable
now remove the cartridge...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
Now check the paper feed tray, roller assembly area and the area where the carriage moved for any stuck obstruction like paper, paper clips, pins etc and if found remove it.
once done turn the unit back on and check

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know the status once done

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't open the printer to check the roller assembly.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

no problems..you do not have to open the roller assembly..blow air from out side from the trays or vents on the back panel if any

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can take it to Best Buy for free - just wanted to save some time. Thank you, though.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

is it within a year of purchase

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any idea how to open the side door so I can get to the assembly? I think I bought it last summer, but I pay Best Buy for an insurance plan.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know it's just a paper jam. It jammed up last spring when I tried to use inexpensive paper. I'm a teacher and was able to use the printers at work, but now I'm trying to get ready to go back to work.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

ok in case you have it covered under insurance, do not attempt opening the printer as that will void that repair contract you have with them

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know how to open the side door? I know it's simple - I'm just not able to find the switch or button or whatever it is that tells the door to open. Thank you.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

it would be best to get it serviced through best buy as attempting it yourself can affect your subscription terms with them

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am also a farmer and there are black clouds above my house now - I have to get cattle and horses out of the pasture. Will be back shortly.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

please do not attempt to open the door if its covered under a service contract. if anything goes wrong while opening it they will charge you both for service and parts

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

sure...i hope you understand that in case of service errors i can suggest cleaning and reset steps but will not suggest advanced dis-assembly steps if your product is covered under repair contracts

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, effort and the Information you got, then provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below or stars above and if you have any question please ask.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm back! I have a plan with Best Buy that covers everything. My husband was our computer guy, but he was killed so I needed a place that could help me with everything, because I am totally ignorant.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I AM good with large office equipment, though - go figure!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to know how to open that side door and remove the jammed paper.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i would suggest not to open the printer assembly and rather getit serviced through best buy

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

if you attempt opening the side door, they might deny service on the pretext of customer causing damage to unit

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you have any questions