MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been fixing Printers and copiers for over 30 years.
11519491

My canon mf6530 top feeder tray does not work. I replaced

Customer Question

my canon mf6530 top feeder tray does not work. I replaced the rubber rollers and still only takes the paper in part way and stops.
Category: Printers
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.

Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.

How old is your printer?

Also what happens when the paper goes in partially do you get an error message etc?

Please explain.

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
purchased in 2006.
no error message just says check document. I replaced the two rubber rollers in the top cover and the pad. Paper goes part of the way in and stops, won't go any further

Thanks for that.

Is that the reason you tried replacing the rubber rollers?

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the rubber rollers because the top feeder tray was not working
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did not change anything, the paper still stops feeding at the same point, no error messages

Thank you for that. The problem is either a bad sensor or the unit needs further parts to fix this. Usually with this model, the sensor that reads whether paper is present or not will fail, you need to replace that one. Its easy to do I think on that model its a plug in part. But if they have changed that it will be soldered and need to be done by someone who has good soldering and electronic skills.

I can help you locate the part online if you need and I will help you all the way through if you would like.

Let me know on that.

Please rate my service kindly at this time and then you can contact me anytime no additional cost to rate. ALso your question will not close until we are done with the repair.

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It grabs the paper but cannot pull it through all the way

Hi yes that makes sense.

There are also other repair parts that will help they sell them as a kit but if the sensor is bad, it will only pull the paper part way normally but then sop with no further action.

Tech Mike