John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a similar problem to one you solved 3 years ago

Customer Question

I have a similar problem to one you solved 3 years ago for a customer with a Brother MFC scanner problem but with different equipment --- a Konica Minolta bizhub c350 and a Kip 3100 large format plotter. Windows 7 - 32 bit ... I tried system restore with no luck
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should mention that they are connected to my computer through a Link-Sys Wireless-G 2.4 GHz Broadband Router which I have restarted to no avail
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did have an electrical and wind storm which toppled trees and resulted in a 12 hour power outage earlier this week --- could something have been disrupted as a result of that incident? My lack of scanning did co-inside with that power loss.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.
If you can print then is not a problem with the wireless router.
We can try reloading the drivers. You can download them from here http://onyxweb.mykonicaminolta.com/onestopproductsupport/SearchResults?quickSearch=c350
If no luck, please let me know if you have changed anything recently, like your Windows version, etc.
=====
Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.
Please read below also:
Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.
If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.
If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.
Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!
=====
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JohnThere aren't any drivers listed for windows 7. Do I use Vista drivers instead?What about the Kip 3100?Joe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John,I am still waiting for an answer to my correspondence of yesterday:"There aren't any drivers listed for windows 7. Do I use Vista drivers instead?What about the Kip 3100?"Plus, I don't feel too confident about deleting drivers and reloading them as is explained on the Konica site you provided a link to. I would like detailed instructions from you as to what I must do to fix this problem.Thank you,
Joe
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
That's weird. You can try with Vista drivers but that's not guaranteed to work.
As a workaround, you can use VueScan scanner software, you can download it from here ===> http://www.hamrick.com
Please keep me posted!
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/printers/98sud-similar-problem-one-solved-years-ago.html#ixzz3ifF7KmlC