John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

A small piece of foam detached from the side of the paper

Customer Question

a small piece of gray foam detached from the side of the paper tray and became jammed into the rollers on my pixma mx922. cannot get all of it out because the pieces of foam are stuck where I cannot reach. paper jam occurs every time i try to print. what should i do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, have you tried printing (anything) on a board paper or a hard paper similar to those used for calling cards? You may need to manually / help feed the board/hard paper through the rollers.
The above would be the only simple attempt as all others would require dis-assembly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that. What do you mean by disassembly? Will I be able to do that?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
please; can you try the board/hard paper.
Dis-assembly would be a bit challenging for some. The idea is to expose the rollers and the paper path for inspection/foam removal.