Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

After several times following the instructions on the

Customer Question

After several times following the instructions on the printer (HPOfficeJet 6600) it will not print. The instructions said there was an error code but all I see is General Printer Error.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If the printer is new, then you may simply have configured it wrongly, as far as the printer software on the device that sends print jobs to it is concerned.
But: whether it is new or not, if the printer's screen says 'General Printer Error' (as opposed to the screen of the device you are trying to send print jobs from) it may be 'broken', or defective.
Did it work formerly? if so, it may have 'broken' and need either repair or replacement.
If it never worked before this, then I presume it is still new, and you can invoke warranty coverage on it, if we cannot get it out of this state.
Let me know more details and I will advise you more specifically on the matter. But one thing is sure: try doing a photocopy operation on it, of one page only, as a test. If it still does a copy, in and of itself, there's some hope.