Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

My Pixma MP610 does not scan correctly. Anything I try to

Customer Question

My Pixma MP610 does not scan correctly. Anything I try to scan comes out tiny (less than an inch) and cannot be enlarged to anything readable.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean scanning from the printer to the computer into a file?

Or making a copying on the printer (not involving with a computer)?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iMac computer. Scanning to the computer.

Thank you. Can you test scanning with both the Image Capture application (in Finder -> Applications), and the MP Navigator EX application (in Finder -> Applications -> Canon Utilities)?

- If that does not work, disconnect the USB printer cable from the computer

, then click on the Apple logo / menu, then System Preferences, then Print & Fax (or Printers & Scanners)

, then click on the Canon printer there, then click on the - (minus) button at the bottom left and delete the printer

, then make sure printer is powered on, then re-connect it to the computer

, then click on the + (plus) icon at the bottom left, then add the printer

, then check scanning.

- If that still does not work, open Finder, then Applications, then drag any Canon / Canon Utilities folder / program (MP Navigator) you see there to the Trash

, then go to the Canon website below:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mp_series/pixma_mp610?selectedName=DriversAndSoftware

, then there, download / install the Scanner Driver

, then download / install the Software: MP Navigator EX Opener (and/or MP Navigator)

, then try scanning with the application MP Navigator EX and Image Capture, and check.

If needed, check the magnification option on the printer's settings; make sure it is 100%; please see at

http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1011&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=false&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=17099

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,