Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

System ink failure is the message i have now pyt in hp real

Customer Question

system ink failure is the message i have now pyt in hp real cartridges and 4 2 days tried to reboot printer without luck help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried cleaning it yet?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 4 printers and used reconditioned cartridges, i learned that i needed hp cartridges and then tried to unplug the computer, hold the on off swithc for 2 minutes return it on took out the print head took out the cartridges, replace the cartridges, replace the print head re turned on the computer, made sure that the printhead was secure in its spot, re place and re turn on and still get ink system failure
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Compatible cartridge may have damaged the print head. It seems you also missed my reply so here it is again just in case:
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cleaning it where and how?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have an emergency and have to leave i will respond when i get back thnks joan
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well I tried your suggestions. The regular page appears, when I go to copy, the error message comes back on.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Can you try printing from the computer instead of making a copy?
If the same thing happens how old is the printer? Did you happen to get an extended warranty?
.