John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My MFC-J440DW Brother Printer is connected to the internet

Customer Question

My MFC-J440DW Brother Printer is connected to the internet wirelessly and has a strong connection, however it will not let me go on the internet. What do I need to do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean it cannot print?

Are you still able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not print from the computer)?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not print from my e-mail or other internet features it has. It does print without using the internet though.

Is there any error or message?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not my computer I am having trouble with. My brother printer has a screen of its own and it has features to print from the internet such as e-mail or Facebook, etc. Yes an error message pop up when I try to get on the web. The message says "An unexpected error occurred, start over again." And I have done that.

Disconnect power cord from your internet/wireless modem/router device for a few minutes, then reconnect.

, then turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from it for a few minutes, then reconnect, then turn on

, then go to the network/wireless/WLAN... menu on the printer and see if you can connect it to your Wi-Fi/wireless network name.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That did nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like I said before, the wireless connection is strong. My problem is with the printer and internet.

When you connected the printer to your Wi-Fi/wireless network name, was it successful? Or was there any error or message? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it connects, that is how I know the connection is strong.

Does your Wi-Fi/wireless network have a guest network name?

Does the error also show "Connection Error 01"?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, and no

Go to menu -> Network -> Web Connect Settings -> Proxy Settings -> Proxy Connection, does it show On or Off?

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,