VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have a paper jam that I can't get out. I printed with the

Customer Question

I have a paper jam that I can't get out. I printed with the feeder closed and I can't get the jam out from above or below. Is it possible to talk to you on the phone so you can walk me thru this?
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. please follow the steps below:
Press
then the
Start button to eject the jammed paper. If that doesn't work, go to step 2.
Turn off the Epson Stylus CX.
Lift up the scanner unit and remove all paper inside, including any torn pieces.
Close the scanner unit, and turn the Epson Stylus CX back on.
Note:
If you can't remove the paper or foreign object yourself, do not use force and do not disassemble the Epson Stylus CX.
Be sure to check the far left of the carriage area when checking for jammed paper. Paper that is jammed there may be hidden from view.
Remove the paper and make sure it's not curled or wrinkled.
Fan the stack to make sure the sheets are separated and then tap it on a flat surface to even the edges.
Open the paper support and flip up the extension.
Open the output tray and pull out the extensions.
Flip the feeder guard forward.
Press in the tab on the edge guide and slide it left.
Insert the paper, printable side up, against the right edge guide and behind the tab. The printable side is usually whiter or glossier than the other side.
Note:
You can load up to 120 sheets of plain paper and up to 20 sheets of photo paper. Some special papers can be loaded only one sheet at a time; check the paper package for additional instructions.
Do not load paper above the arrow on the edge guide. Make sure the paper is under the tabs on the left and right edge guides.
Do not load hole-punched paper.
Always load the short edge first, even when printing in landscape mode.
Load letterhead or preprinted paper into the printer top edge first.
Slide the edge guide to the edge of the paper, but not too tightly.
Flip the feeder guard down.
Note:
The left edge guide moves slightly during paper handling and printing. Do not adjust the guide if it moves.
Leave enough space in front of the printer for the paper to be fully ejected