Thomas
Thomas, Technician
Experience:  Ready to assist with your printer questions
62924203

Re: Pixma MG5320, SN # ACMY03650: Getting a B200 Printer

Customer Question

Re: Pixma MG5320, SN # *****: Getting a B200 Printer error has occurred. Unplug power cord and contact service center
Category: Printers
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!

I wish I could be the bearer of good news instead of bad, but B200 means that the printhead that handles ink has overheated and will need to be replaced. This happens most commonly when a printer runs out of ink but keeps printing; the lack of ink causes the printhead to get too hot. It can also happen over time if the printer is several years old.

The printhead can be replaced, but most people don't want to go through the hassle and just pick up a new printer. If you tell me what all you use the machine for I can make a suggestion based on your needs. If it is less than a year old, contact Canon for a replacement. 1-***-***-****

Please keep in mind when rating that I'm a third party to Canon, and I hope you won't rate my service based on frustrations with Canon and their product.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I won't rate you even tho I think that Canon stinks. This is the third machine and none last very long. It is NOT running out of ink problem because I just installed new cartridges about a month ago and I don't use the machine that much. This is a home not an office. It would not be fair to charge me for this. Yes, I am very upset with Canon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm done.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

As I said, I'm a third party to Canon, but if the printer is less than a year old, give them a call for a replacement at 1-***-***-****