Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

We are given error 49, we have turned it off and then on

Customer Question

we are given error 49, we have turned it off and then on several times. the same report comes up
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That means that some incorrect signal, over the network and through the network formatter board of the printer, has been detected by the printer.
The way to cure that is, to power Off the printer.
And go to every station and every print queue on the network, that could possibly send a print job to the printer. And clear all print queues by deleting all print jobs on all the queues for this printer on every station / computer / machine.
One of them may be sending e.g. a PDF file, or something else that the printer cannot accept nor render nor print. Or rather, trying to send it.
Also check whether the network path from the printer's network cable plug-in, through the network, is correctly installed and not unhooked or plugged back into the wrong port on any device on the network path to the printer.
If the problem persists obstinately, the printer's formatter board may be defective and need replacing (the printer, in sum, being in need of servicing in that case.)
Let me know how it goes, and what happens, please. Thanks.