Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

I am printing photos from Lightroom 5 using a Photosmart

Customer Question

I am printing photos from Lightroom 5 using a Photosmart C7280. The photos are the most bizarre colours, and dark too!
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using a MacBook Pro by the way!
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.
If this is happening regardless of what you print from or what you print, it could be that all the colors are not printing correctly. If the printhead gets clogged and is either not putting down enough of a given color or is putting down too much ink, you'll get unexpected results like you describe.
There are couple of things you can do. The first thing I would do is print a diagnostic page from the printer. You can do that either from your driver on the computer or from the printer itself. There is a reset for the printer – it's pretty basic but does set the printer back to factory defaults. Here are the steps
Unplug the power cord from the HP All-in-One.
Wait for 20 seconds.
Press and hold # ***** 6 while plugging in the power cord to the HP All-in-One.
Release the buttons after the HP All-in-One starts up.
The HP All-in-One will now be reset to factory defaults.